The second meeting for the SoRuraLL project consortium took place in Barcelona this week in which ATiT is a partner. SoRuraLL is experimenting with various social networking tools to support educational objectives in rural schools and telecentres in different parts of Europe.
The user trials being organised by ATiT involve primary and secondary schools in County Clare in Ireland who from September 2009 onwards will take part in a series of trials involving the creation of local content-driven, community-orientated web sites, school blogs and the use of Skype for learning purposes. Other trials in SoRuraLL involve Greek Farmers, the unemployed in Germany and Poland and teachers in Spain, Poland, Bulgaria and Greece.
- Teachers' Workshop in Ireland to Start Social Networking Trials
- Info Evening about Social Networking Tools for Teachers in Clare
- Presentation of Irish Schools' experience of Social Networking in Greek Conference
- Conference on Social Networking in Support of Rural Learners
- Schools in Clare using web 2.0 tools