Partners from the SoRuraLL initiative which is testing the viability of various types of social networking tools met in Krakow, Poland on 3-4 June to discuss the progress of the pilot activities taking place in different parts of Europe. Part of their meeting was held in the Raba Wyzna Telecentre in the Rokiciny Podhalanskie region, a rural area about an hour from Krakow. This area is currently suffering a lot from flooding in the region and the meeting served as a good opportunity to find out more about the needs of rural populations when it comes to ICT and the ways in which social networking tools can help to relieve isolation and provide useful community services to the region.
- Presentation of Irish Schools' experience of Social Networking in Greek Conference
- Patras conference programme on social networking now online
- Social Networking Supporting Lifelong Learning in Rural Regions
- Conference on Social Networking in Support of Rural Learners
- Getting to Grips with Rural Citizens' ICT Needs